Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Carlisle to Dornoch

Prior to starting I checked the oil, nothing had appeared to lost, no tell tale signs under the engine where she was standing. With the new battery installed she started well that morning of 14th, I let her warm up as cleaned the screen and wiped down the glass and lights.

Out to get some fuel, obviously being a 2.3 and a heavy she is not the cheapest car to run, but I knew that and to be honest enjoy having the power when required. As of writing around £80 will fill the tank, but with a good 400 miles in the running this I hope will even itself with use.

Once into Scotland we he hit some snow, I eased her down to 50mph and then down to 40mph before hitting slow moving traffic and having to follow this for a few miles. Once through the lower passes and now heading toward Glasgow the snow cleared, this allowed us some open roads until the outskirts of Glasgow where I eased off and allowed the SatNav to take us on to the correct route toward Perth.

Wanting a slight detour on the way home I took an alternative route to Pitlochry, only to find out the SatNav wanted us to go back to Fort William. With wet and snowy roads I was surprised how she coped with the bends as I head back toward the A9 and Pitlochry. Once on the A9 I sat at a comfortable speed of 55mph sometimes drifting up to 70mph, however once the roads soon became snow covered once more I dropped her back down, with plenty of stops en route.