Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Cheshunt to Carlisle

Having driven down from Scotland in my Honda Civic, the drive north was something different, nervy of over doing it with her I took a leisurely drive on the M1, by the time I'd reached the M6 she was looking for some more power and not liking the 60mph I was offering.

Once the traffic eased off a little I slowly opened her up, giving her what she asked for and soon we were cruising at 80mph, this I eased off to 70mph and also dropping back down to 60mph. Around an hour from Carlisle I pulled in as I had noticed a burning smell whilst slowing, everything appeared normal within the cockpit and nothing was flashing up on the dash.

I popped the bonnet to find smoke coming out, this later proved to be from the breaks, rust seeming the likely culprit. After around 40 minutes I eased her back on to the motorway and headed for Carlisle, no further issue of from the breaks and performance wise she handled well.