Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow and More Snow

It seemed no sooner had I purchased this magnificent vehicle, the weather conspired against me, the joys of rear wheel drive were soon back. As the car was and is still requiring a major service, I decided to park her up under the car port.

Over the last month I think she has been out just twice, for the rest of the time the conditions are just not suited for this wonderful thoroughbred. Today as I write I took her out and upon reaching Clashmore, I decided it was far enough and the bridge was just too far.

My concern is not how I respond to road conditions but to how others around me respond. Snow clearing is not as it use to be, the council and possibly the Highways Agency have decreed that no snow plough mush use the plough in allowing it to connect with the road surface. This leaves a thin sheet of snow, slush and now of course ice on the ground, with freezing temperatures this soon causes several problems.

Speed in the highlands is far too high at the best of times, I think this has been a record year for motorcycle deaths. Not wanting to add to the carnage many will experience during the winter months I am more than happy to allow my Scorpio to sit under my car port.

Tomorrow I'll wash her down once more and fit the car cover to the body for some protection, so for now I'll thank Tesco for their home delivery service.